We Are Learning 3D Printing Through Our Personal Experience…
You’re an expert designer and your 3D printer is perfectly configured, but your filament isn’t getting the love and attention it deserves, so the time has come to get that mess under control. That’s why MakerBot is asking you to design a brilliant new filament spool holder – create and upload your design by September 6th at midnight for a chance to win a 10 pack of MakerBot filament.
How to enter the competition:
– Design something! You can participate in this Challenge whether you’re a 3D-modeling expert or an absolute beginner. In fact, we especially encourage entries from people that are beginners!
– Post your design to Thingiverse. You can modify your design anytime up until the September 7th deadline.
– Include the challenge tag. To be considered for this Challenge, your Thing must include the tag #FilamentChallenge.
– Design iteratively. Use all of the time available to you. Don’t be afraid to upload new and different versions of your work.
– Tell the story of your design. Take time to write a good Description and Instructions for your model on Thingiverse. How did you design your model? What did you have to redesign along the way? What does your model do, and why is it cool? What settings do you recommend for 3D printing your model?
– Make it 3D-printable. While owning a 3D printer is not a requirement for entry, printing and documenting printability will go a long way toward winning.
– Take good photos to show off your work. Photograph your design from every angle and upload all of your best, most informative pics.
– Consider a video. Sometimes a video speaks louder than a photo, especially if your design moves or interacts with things. You can upload a video clip to the Thing page for your model by posting the model to YouTube and then including the link to that video in the Description. The video will then automatically be included in the Gallery for your Thing.
1st prize for the best overall design will receive a 10 pack of MakerBot Filament in PLA or ABS. Four additional designs will receive one year of MakerClub for each of the following: Best Multi-Spool Holder, Best Spool Holder Customizer, Best Novelty Spool Holder, and Best Simple Spool Holder. MakerClub members receive a 10% discount on MakerBot Filament and free shipping for one year.