We Are Learning 3D Printing Through Our Personal Experience…
The Micro 3D Printer had a very successful Kickstarter campaign last year generating more than 3 million USD, making it one of the largest crowdfunding campaigns for a 3D printer. And now the device will start shipping to people that have missed the Kickstarter campaign and still want to get their hands on this compact and very affordable 3D printer as their first 3D printer. The Micro 3D Printer has been shipping to Kickstarter backers for a while already and in April and May the company should start shipping to people that have pre-ordered the 3D printer after the Kickstarter campaign ended.
One of the most interesting things about the Micro 3D Printer is that it is very affordable at just $349 USD it is one of the most attractive price oriented FDM/FFF-based consumer 3D printers. Furthermore the filament for the device, both PLA and ABS is priced at just $13 USD per spool, but the spools are pretty small at just half pound or about 230 grams – the right size to be used with this compact 3D printer (it is compatible with larger rolls as long as they are 1.75mm). The Micro 3D Printer comes as a great gift for anyone that is interested in 3D printing, but does not want to jump on a large and significantly more expensive 3D printer right from the start. The only limit that the device has is the maximum print size you have, but then again based on our experience most of the time you will be printing small stuff and that should not come as a drawback anyway.
Micro 3D Printer Technical Specifications:
– Supports many different materials: ABS, PLA, nylon, professional, chameleon
– 50-350 micron layer resolution
– 15 micron X and Y positioning accuracy
– Filament: standard 1.75mm. 1/2lb rolls fit within print bed and allow you to try a – variety of materials and colors for less! Standard filament rolls also supported.
– Print height: 116mm (4.6″)
– Base Print Area: 109mm x 113mm
– Print Area Above 74mm: 91mm x 84mm
– Removable Print Bed Size: 128x128mm
– Printer Dimensions: It’s a cube, 7.3 in (185 mm) per side.
– Printer weight: 1kg (2.2 lbs)
– Package weight: 2kg – 2.7kg (4.4 lbs – 6 lbs)
– USB Compatible
– Glass-Filled ABS Body
– M3D software for an effortless, plug-and-play experience. Compatible with Mac and PC. Linux will also likely be supported. File Types Supported: .stl, .obj